No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
Falls off network ("Destination host unreachable")
Hi, my tinypilot (connected via WIFI, not ethernet) become unreachable via SSH every 72hrs and i found out that it is actually quite a common issue for rasp pi https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=64620 https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com...
    Technical SupportO202022-08-10 23:07:52.777Z
    Keyboard Mouyse not working, HDMI ok, tested on 2 computers, changed USB cables,
    Hi, Just like the title says, I can't get any keystrokes or mouse pointer changes to work. I tried on a computer that was working just fine with TinyPilot (windows 10); restarted computer and raspberry pi many times, changed all usb cables and secure...
      Technical SupportDD32022-08-05 00:54:41.126Z
      Balena fails to create image
      I downloaded the image to do a factory reset, but when I try to cut the image to a SD Balena fails. I've tried on two different chips. I also put a request into Balena support but thought I would see if this problem was encountered by other Tinypilot...
        Technical SupportJ32022-08-04 20:39:13.989Z
        Mouse and Keyboard are not working
        Hello I found the mouse and Keyboard are not working, please help me asap ??? it is give me error message -? USB is not recognize
          Technical SupportS32022-08-04 00:44:12.960Z
          keyboard lag
          Hi - I'm so glad I bought a TinyPilot. I have a highly locked down corporate Windows laptop that I'm now able to integrate very nicely into my dual-monitor Mac world. My only struggle is that keyboard input is pretty slow. Keystrokes buffer up and ap...
            Technical SupportP72022-08-04 00:01:29.571Z
            Order number request
            Can't seem to find my order number? How do I retrieve it. I need to do a reset on the Tinypilot.
              Technical SupportJ12022-08-02 20:40:45.445Z
              How to fsck the root filesystem on a tinypilot bought from the website?
              I noticed the root filesystem on our tinypilot has errors, and it seems it's not been fixed at reboot. I had a look using dump2fs, and this is the result: root@tinypilot:~# dumpe2fs -h /dev/mmcblk0p2 dumpe2fs 1.44.5 (15-Dec-2018) Filesystem volume n...
                Technical SupportR32022-08-02 20:34:01.725Z
                Windows 98??
                I'm trying to setup TinyPilot on a Window 98 (no, that's not a typo!!) machine. I've got functional video and keyboard support working, but I cannot get the mouse to work. I suspect it may not like the mouse and the keyboard coming in on the same USB...
                  Technical SupportDA82022-08-02 20:21:05.443Z
                  Access browser within from tinypilot
                  I have a hunch the answer to this is no but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to allow a user to access the browser on the network that the Tinypilot is on at the remote location. I know the first response is why not just access the browser from the PC...
                    Technical SupportJ42022-08-01 21:54:20.913Z
                    Virtual desktop distortion with larger 4:3 resolutions on host machine using VGA to HDMI adapter.
                    Hello. I am testing various 4:3 desktop resolutions from older machines running Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I am using the VGA to HDMI adapter sold with the Voyager 2. 640x480 and 800x600 display correctly and operate very well. Some lar...
                      Technical SupportAA32022-08-01 21:42:17.975Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Broken image no remote desktop
                      Hi I just get a broken image and no remote desktop coming through, checked all the cables, updated the software, works fine out to a monitor. Any ideas? Screenshot below
                        Technical SupportAR82022-08-01 18:40:54.533Z
                        Odroid C4 working great :) but...
                        Hi, Thanks for sharing this project, great work!! I installed tinypilot on an Odroid C4. (I had to comment out the 64-bit version of Raspberry Pi OS check in quick-install). Running Armbian 22.05.3 with Linux 5.10.133. Keyboard, mouse, and video (HDM...
                          Technical SupportDD22022-07-29 00:12:16.265Z
                          Cursor lag
                          The cursor seems to lag about 5-10 secs behind the movement. Using remoteit to connect to Tinypilot. Also, just to add to the weirdness, on my laptop the cursor doesn't appear. On my desktop it appears but lags. Laptop is connected via wireless to th...
                            Technical SupportJ32022-07-28 22:43:20.659Z
                            Whiteware USB-C Splitter
                            Hello, we wanted to test TinyPilot and we have everything necessary at the company and got these splitters flying around can we use them for testing? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08YS32ZW7 Greetings Neo
                              GeneralN42022-07-28 00:39:29.454Z
                              disconnect
                              Hi I recently bought the tiny pilot Voyager 2 KVM and after couple of days of use, i find that it gets disconnected and i am unable to continue my operations, i have tried restarting, shutting down but still the same . i am using an updated version o...
                                Technical SupportM12022-07-25 23:08:10.874Z
                                screen unable to show
                                enclosed the screen capture.
                                  Technical SupportR12022-07-25 23:05:24.175Z
                                  tinypilot
                                  I connect the Dell OptiPlex 9020M and I get video only in the bios once I boot linux or windows can't get any video to work
                                    Technical SupportM12022-07-25 23:02:48.988Z
                                    How do I know H264 is enabled besides seeing "Janus" in htop ?
                                    I am skeptical because I would assume that if H264 was enabled then "JPEG" quality settings shouldn't make any difference since that MJPEG controls specifically correct? But the slider does still change the quality, despite the command running succes...
                                      GeneralA262022-07-18 23:04:52.231Z
                                      Unable to access the keyboard
                                      I am trying to access keyboard from mac to another machine. Unable to access the keyboard of the target machine.
                                        Technical SupportR12022-07-13 22:54:38.050Z
                                        Multiple User access to TinyPilot web interface continuously?
                                        I'm thinking of using this device for my work to access our DVR over the local network. If I connect to the DVR's web interface over the DVR's IP, the amount of video streams being sent results in laggy video feeds. With "local" viewing via a TinyPil...
                                          Technical SupportJ32022-07-13 22:43:02.666Z
                                          unable to share the screen in between laptops
                                          I only got power adapter and tiny pilot device and a cable. I don’t know how to connect to share the other laptop screen. Do I have to buy any additional cables ?
                                            Technical SupportR52022-07-13 21:42:10.375Z
                                            VGA not working on reboot
                                            When we use the tinypilot with the VGA adapter, we get "NO SIGNAL" when the computer power up or reboots. However, if we boot up with a normal monitor on the VGA port of the computer and then switch to tinypilot (with VGA adapter) we get a display. O...
                                              Technical SupportD232022-07-13 01:32:18.147Z
                                              Win 11 mini PC no keystrokes
                                              I was able to get my TinyPilot setup and controlling a traditional midtower Win 10 PC but when I use a Beelink Win 11 minipc I can see video and control the mouse remotely but I am unable to use remote keyboard strokes or even the clickable keyboard ...
                                                Technical SupportT32022-07-13 00:52:43.497Z
                                                Shows video but cannot connect to tinypilot
                                                Strange problem. I bring up tinypilot and it shows the initial screen but it seems like keyboard strokes are not passed to tinypilot. Video is working fine. There is a message that shows a red disconnected status but again, the video works fine and w...
                                                  Technical SupportJ72022-07-12 19:49:28.220Z
                                                  Touch support
                                                  Hello! I’ve tried using the tinypilot web UI on my iPad and iPhone and found out that I can’t seem to be able to click; tapping the screen video only moves the cursor. Is there a way to enable touch support? If not, is it a planned feature? Thank you!
                                                    GeneralSA2WX92022-07-08 18:14:51.589Z
                                                    Connect local monitor and keyboard
                                                    Is it possible to have a local monitor and keyboard (via usb) on the Voyager 2? I want to be able to connect a monitor to the unit along with a keyboard while still being able to get to it via network for control?
                                                      Technical SupportAZ62022-07-07 21:30:14.190Z
                                                      How to send a keystroke from the community api
                                                      Hello, Has anyone successfully sent a keystroke using the community api? I want to write an ansible playbook on a cron job to call the api and send a keystroke to keep the end device from locking Currently I downloaded Burp and am seeing the http his...
                                                        Technical SupportD12022-07-07 18:16:45.367Z
                                                        Unable to access using Web Browser.
                                                        I have the TinyPilot Voyager 2 POE. Unable to access using Web Browser. Tried using: https://tinypilot/ https://tinypilot.local/ https://tinypilot.localdomain/ also the DHCP assigned IP
                                                          Technical SupportN52022-07-05 21:38:37.256Z
                                                          Keyboard + Mouse do not work
                                                          Hi, trying to use this in a non standard setup I would assume. I have my Raspberry Pi connected to a KVM switch I have. The video is being shown, but no keystrokes go through. I can take a picture of the connector if you want, but my assumption was t...
                                                            GeneralMCL92022-07-05 00:40:58.586Z
                                                            Web Interface No Longer Working
                                                            Hey, I have a Voyager 2 PoE, that I purchased a month ago (5/17/22). I have been using it, and its been working very well. I always use the web UI to shut down the unit before i unplug PoE and relocate the Voyager 2 to a new location. about 2 weeks a...
                                                              Technical SupportJO102022-07-01 22:53:37.119Z
                                                              Power splitter doesn't give power to raspberrypi
                                                              Hello. I love your project to control my home mac. I bought your power splitter to give more power to pi, but raspberrypi doesn't boot completely. In raspberrypi there light only green but not red. I found that that light means there is not enought p...
                                                                GeneralCCN122022-06-30 19:59:48.154Z
                                                                Fresh install, no joy: Nginx error 502
                                                                Log file here: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/kR7G9w8i Error 502 on new install tinypilot [error] 394#394: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream ... File "/opt/tinypilot/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dns/rdtypes...
                                                                  Technical SupportKK42022-06-28 02:29:40.972Z
                                                                  TinyPilot mouse and keyboard lattency too slow
                                                                  I bought Tinypilot for more than 1 month now, I tried everything including enabling H264. I don't see any issue when the stream from the tiny pilot(remote computer ) to my computer, I played video on the remote computer, and I could compare 99% perfe...
                                                                    Technical SupportM92022-06-27 17:39:56.502Z
                                                                    TinyPilot w/ KVM Switch
                                                                    I have tried to connect a cheap KVM switch (brand: PWAY) with hotkeys with TinyPilot together. The TinyPilot could not start up if the KVM Switch with HDMI signal (PC running). Then, unplug the KVM switch and it will boot up immediately. After the ne...
                                                                      GeneralS12022-06-24 19:31:57.296Z
                                                                      I just ordered the Voyage 2!
                                                                      I'm curious what PoE HAT will be used in the Voyager 2 option coming in January? I know I won't likely be able to upgrade the one that i just ordered, but still very curious...
                                                                        GeneralG32022-06-22 16:26:01.989Z
                                                                        crash in tinypilot
                                                                        i have a tinypilot, it used to work fine with a vga converter, now the vga doesn't work and hdmi looks bad.
                                                                          Technical SupportJ252022-06-21 18:25:47.030Z
                                                                          web interface link not working
                                                                          Thank you for the tiny pilot, I purchased it but the web interface link you sent me does not work. Also how can i get it to connect if I am in another country. My primary reason for buying it was to set it up on a laptop in the US and access it from ...
                                                                            Technical SupportT32022-06-20 17:11:41.540Z
                                                                            TinyPilot freezes after mounting virtual media
                                                                            Hi! I am having some trouble when mounting virtual media on Lenovo Thinkcentre M70q computers with the Voyager 2 When I mount an ISO file (both in flash and CD-ROM modes), the video freezes, and it seems to me (but it is hard to confirm because of th...
                                                                              Technical SupportD242022-06-17 21:02:27.159Z
                                                                              Factory Reset
                                                                              Hello, My name is Jacob. We were sent a KVM to test so we can try and sell it on our website 42U.com I set up a username and a password and for some reason it will not let me log in. However I do not have the order number to download the voyager2 SD ...
                                                                                Technical SupportJ12022-06-14 18:31:47.218Z
                                                                                No video with VGA to HDMI
                                                                                When I connect a pc with the VGA to HDMI I get "NO SIGNAL". It works for the same PC on the HDMI port. https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/GY6EACMX The VGA to HDMI works with a different monitor. I tried 3 different brands of HDMI cables. The VGA to HDMI a...
                                                                                  Technical SupportZ232022-06-14 16:33:34.517Z